Wednesday 25 April 2012

Rain stopped play

I intended to get out into the garden today come what may.  I thought I could at least get into the greenhouse and fiddle around with stuff in there.  I also intended to take some photos to show the progress of the seeds I planted.  Clearly I am a fair-weather gardener; I've refused to put a toe over the doorstep.  It is like mid-winter out there - very cool, grey, raining and very windy.  Fingers crossed for some change soon, the weeds are advancing up the garden like Great Birnham Wood up Dunsinane Hill, and we all know what happened next!


So having taken time to tell you about all the things I haven't done ... the point of this post is...


Bolton Hospice is trying to organise some Open gardens this summer.  Check out this link Open Garden Appeal  If you sign up quickly you might also get a free rose from Barton Grange!  You don't have to have a stupendous garden or open it to all and sundry you could just invite family and friends to tea and cakes (or a BBQ or whatever floats your boat) and ask for a donation for the hospice.  There's tons of other stuff you could do too.  Just have a look and see if you think you could manage something 'botanical' for a really good cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To prevent spam your comments come to me first. I will be as fast as I can to post them and reply. Please do leave a message.