Saturday 22 March 2014

One step forward two steps back

Thought I might share with you what three months of neglect on your garden looks like even in the 'quiet' season.

 First year in a long time there were no pots sorted before we went, not even the one in the chimney by the summerhouse.  This is not a great view through the kitchen window right now.  I need to go shopping!

B&Q Wednesday methinks (oldies discount day!)

There are daffs, tulips, fritillaries, violas and all sorts in this mess - can't seethe woods for the trees.

Being me, I am most ashamed of my front borders - just look at this mess.  I was grimly determined this morning to get out there today, come what may, and clear it up.  

Bright day but very cold - so, muffled up, off I trotted, armed with secateurs and big brown bin.






Ten minutes later the heavens opened.  I now have one quarter of the half circle tidied which just serves to make the other three quarters look even worse!!

Incidentally it also managed a snow flurry for a few minutes. 

Ah well, there's always tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To prevent spam your comments come to me first. I will be as fast as I can to post them and reply. Please do leave a message.