Saturday 9 May 2015

Looking after the gardener

I am not one for recommending 'beauty products' of any kind - each to their own - but this has to be shared.


The product I am commending to you, you probably can't get!  On the back left is a bottle with all the stuff at the top (I keep it upside down ready to use) and just says Gardeners by Upper Canada.  I assume it was a gift from family in Canada (?) and it is just fantastic.  I have used it for two summers and it is now running out.  It will clean the dirtiest of hands and nails in one go and leave them feeling and smelling  lovely.  At Christmas I spread the word I needed more but English friends couldn't find it over here.  Waiting in the wings I now have two products from Heathcote and Ivory - they are the orange barrier cream and small green hand scrub.  Then I also have a large green hand scrub (at the back).  This one is from Crabtree and Evelyn.  I have no idea if any of them work as well as the one I love but I thought I would share.

I do wear gloves for some jobs but still get dirty.  Mostly I like to work without - can't plant seeds and small plants in gloves, can't tie up things in gloves, etc etc etc so often come in with half the garden ground into skin and filling my nails.  I have always done the obvious thing - warm water in the basin and nail brush and soap and a good old scrub.  this leaves your hands like sandpaper and not always clean.  I assure you not so with my Canadian hand scrub - it is just great.  I use it too when I paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To prevent spam your comments come to me first. I will be as fast as I can to post them and reply. Please do leave a message.