Wednesday 10 June 2015

Ready for food

When you've potted on the plants will soon romp away and will be ready for their final growing place - outdoors or in a proper size pot for the rest of the season.

aubergine flower buds


The aubergine my daughter gave me has done well and is putting on its first flower buds.  This is the point at which you should begin to feed it.  Don't feed seedlings it will just make them overgrow and be leggy and weak.  They need to be well established in their last home and be starting to produce flowers.  A cheap tomato food or all purpose feed will do - just water in once a week to encourage more flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To prevent spam your comments come to me first. I will be as fast as I can to post them and reply. Please do leave a message.