Sunday 17 September 2017

Annual Photos

Every year I try to remember to take eight photos in the garden in July.  They are each taken from the same position (roughly the eight points of the compass).  It is really interesting to look at them now and then and remember the steps the garden has gone through.

This year I forgot and I ended up taking the photos the third week in August instead of mid-July - better that, than not at all.  Here is the set of the east facing border as an example of what I mean by change.



Our first summer in 2007 and we had the patio in and the borders cut.  We had another small seating area in the corner and the borders were colour coded.  This was the red border.
2007
 Next year a summerhouse had replaced the seating corner
2008
 By our third year all the border had been dug up an plants moved elsewhere and we had a veggie garden
2009
 Still with our three veggie raised bed boxes
2010
 Looking even better in 2011.  Lovely rhubarb and great runner beans
2011
 Wionder what I had planted in 2012?
2012
 By 2013 I had given up doing battle with the cats and a flower border returned
2013
2014 and the roses are planted and the fence is mellowing.  I can just see the course of bricks for our conservatory which replaced the patio
2014
 By 2015 the conservatory seems like it had always been there and the border seems to be flourishing
2015
 Needless to say the next year out it all came out and new planting went in
2016
 That's still there this year..... who knows what will be there in 2018.
2017

  (26/08/17)


No comments:

Post a Comment

To prevent spam your comments come to me first. I will be as fast as I can to post them and reply. Please do leave a message.